Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #88
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
@tubemonkey, Google could conceivably change this, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You do seem to need root to play with the internals to get this functionality.

As an aside, the idea of rooting anything scared the heck out of me. Watching the videos and seeing how helpful people on XDA could be made me think it was worth trying it even though I probably will never need the additional storage space. I just plunked down $2.99 for the cable to do use my card reader or powered USB hub with it. The stick mount app is free.
Rooting doesn't intimidate me. I've rooted two Nook Colors and three HP TouchPads to gain access to the Android Market. If those devices had come with that access out of the box, I wouldn't have rooted. I'm just tired of doing it at this point and don't want to do it anymore.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote