View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #73
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
If music revenues are down it is because we consumers now have the ability to buy our music per song and not be stuck buying a more expensive album for one or two songs surrounded by 8 other garbage pieces.
Its certainly a convenient theory, but many studies say different and attribute the recording industry decline to piracy and casual sharing in large part.

Quote:
Since the debacle of the competing VCR formats, these companies have stupidly continued to put out competing formats wasting millions of dollars and frustrating millions of consumers who will stay on the sidelines until the dust settles and machines are designed that will utilize BOTH competing formats.

I didn't get a DVD until Pioneer came out with the DV47A that can play both SACD's & DVD-A's which I still have. I refuse to get caught in a format war between competing companies.
Competing formats have been part of the tech industry since consumers had to decide between cylinders vs disks for recorded music. Its part of the innovation process. The current situation is no different from 1900,1950,1980 or 2000.

Quote:
I will stick with epub, because I refuse to be locked into Amazon, B&N, or Apples ecosystem. There is no such thing as a company that will NEVER go out of business.
Shrug. So what? Borders went out of business with no effect on Borders ebook consumers. It all depends on the existing business arrangements at the time. IN the meantime, the only way you can totally avoid ecosystem lock-in is by not buying anything at all.

Quote:
Publishers can continue with their idiotic drm, and consumers will continue to utilizing the tools needed to remove the drm so that we can keep OUR property!
Its not idiotic if it protects against losses of sales due to casual sharing , and you can't remove DRM from a book that the author doesn't write because she can't make a living writing books!!!

Last edited by stonetools; 02-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote