Thread: iPad Zite or Flipboard
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Hi Florence,

Thanks for trying.

Zite is not new, but like you, I was not aware of it until a few days ago when I saw on the news that CNN bought it I think.

Here is my opinion: in terms of the article layout (fonts) and even menu options, I prefer Zite. I noticed it becomes smarter and better after reading a few articles so as a programmer, really like whatever algorithms is using behind scenes, it was well written.

The thing I like most from Flipboard are the animations. Flipboard is also more Magazine oriented, so that makes a big difference.

I am not a big fan of social networks integration with my books or reading stuff, so I have no positive or negative comments about it.

It is nice that both are free though, so far. And I got the feeling the competition will results on improvements on both sides.

So far, I've found myself using Zite much more, at least since I discovered it.

Last edited by jocampo; 09-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote