View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #1111
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
Here are some more suggestions...

Remove Library Index Page Numbers - Can we please get rid of the library page number display that was added in KT2.3.1. As I navigate each page of my library it is very distracting to have the library page displayed momentarily. It is also unnecessary, as the book numbers are displayed at the top right of this same page.

I guess it was added for people who navigate multiple pages of the library in one touch of the slider, but I don't think anyone would know exactly which page of the library index their book is on. The slider is a rough but much better indicator of where in the library index we are.

Add book page count. The library index would benefit from displaying the number of pages in a book along side its progress status, format and file size. This makes it easier to pick up a light read rather than a tomb that would be several inches thick in the real world. The calculation of how many pages in a book would only need to be done once (when generating the cover thumbnail).

Home page only display books actually being read. Currently the home page shows covers of the last 5 books opened. After downloading books I might open them to read the blurb when selecting my next read, check the number of pages or that the format has come through correctly. It is very easy to push the books that I am actually reading off of my home page just by opening other books briefly. Could a better set of rules be applied when adding covers to the home page so that the books actually being read are not removed until finished? e.g. Show the 5 books, that are not finished, with the highest amount of time invested in them (perhaps weighted for how recently they were last opened).

Last edited by DragonflyKing; 12-30-2012 at 12:28 AM.
DragonflyKing is offline   Reply With Quote