View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #137
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I plan on getting a Chromebook. I use my computer mostly for consumption - web surfing, email, paying bills, news, videos, games, etc. It's a recreational device.

Also, I only use my computer when it's connected to the internet. Turn the net off and I turn my computer off. To me, a computer is worthless without the net.

So I see no drawbacks to Chrome.
Following that logic, BlackBerry PlayBook and HP TouchPad should have been way more successful products.
Both did have great web browsers.
And they actually have been well designed products.
Both did bomb disastrously. HP TouchPad was taken from the market, BlackBerry PlayBook still sells but only for less than half of the original price.

Obviously, most consumers don't want to be limited to web apps.
Offline usage is one argument. Optimisation of layout, display size and such certainly another argument.
And lots of stuff simply isn't available as web apps.
I'm into navigation apps for example. Love to look for Points of Interest for example when on vacation. Navigon and the likes don't have web apps and I don't want to be limited to Google Maps.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote