View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #12
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I go through this dilemma every year at about this time as the public school's hiring period commences.

[...]

What to do, what to do?
From your description, I get the impression that you don't really want to change. If that's the case, my advice is don't. Don't trick yourself into doing something you don't want to do because you think you should do it. In my personal experience, that never works.

Chances are, at some point in your life you will be ready for a change, for new challenges, for more money, whatever. When you are, you will know it. Don't try to force it.

Any changes involves some stress. If you are changing because you wanted to, that's all right, even the stress may be welcome, and if it isn't, you know why you are doing it. If you do it because you think you have to, the stress will be a burden.

My experience is that when we ask for advice, we already know the answer to our question, only we need to find it inside. Asking for help is not a bad thing, it does help us to find out what we really want. Pay attention to your own reactions to our advice, and you will know what you really want to do.

Good luck
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote