View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #71
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi eBookReaders welcome to MobiRead,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookreaders View Post
Ebooks is cheaper to produce
Not completely true. Even without the costs for printing, you still have costs for editing, proofreading, designing, marketing et cetera. Most of the time, the smaller part of the costs ...
Well I'm not in the publishing industry so I'll take your word at face value. However there are some additional cost to pBooks that you omitted in your post above. Such as transportation, storage, inventory cost, shelf space that eat into the profits made by selling physical books.
eBooks do not have such costs after production.

I've heard serveral publishers argue this point but not one has commented that they are giving the full printing discount to the eBook customer. My question to you is are you giving us the full discount?

As for conversion tools. I'll invite you to look at this site uploaded eBooks. Typeically there are three formats of each book are typically stored. SONY(lrf), Mobi, and eReader. All are based off of HTML and it is quite trivial to convert between each format. It takes me no more that a push of a button to convert between LIT/MOBI/SONY/eReader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookreaders View Post
Additionally, please let me underline that most of the time, it's the authors that don't want us to make their book available in electronic form. They fear that it will be illegaly copied or that others can somehow alter their texts. Of course it takes time and we show ebook readers to our authors to convince them, but it's still very difficult.
This is sad but true.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 08-14-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Fixed quotation error
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote