View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Ok thanks Abtacha and booklover6, I didn't realise it was Calibre that was the key for the tags > collections/shelves.... in future I'll try to remember not to use Calibre to transfer my books to my Sony since all those collections from the tags create too much clutter for my taste
Just edit the Device Interface plugin for the Sony. While the device is connected to calibre, click the dropdown under the Device Icon, and select to customize the device. You will get the popup according to the screenshot I attached. Take note of the bit in red -- clear that field, and it should no longer create collections.

I cheated to get this popup, as I don't have a Sony -- I went to Preferences ==> Advanced => Plugins. The Sony plugin is under Device Interface plugins ==> "Sony PRST1 and newer Device Interface", or "Sony Device Interface" for devices older than the PRST1. Or just search "sony" in the plugin search bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-customize-sony.png
Views:	112
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	118296  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote