View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
When Sony revealed the PRS-T3 to the world last Wednesday, it brought with it the promise of a smart and satisfying reading experience. With all the new devices announced to bring love, joy and peace to the world of e-reading, we reckon it'd be difficult to make the right purchase decision. Thanks to the guys of allesebook.de, below is a nicely made video review that, although it's in German, should give you a pretty good idea whether the PRS-T3 is the right one for you.
Most interesting for me is that he claims that the contrast of the T3 is slightly lower than that of the T2, i.e. that the background is slightly, but noticeably darker. Whether or not that is merely a difference between two individual screens remains to be seen.

If it turns out to be true in general, then I'm out. While a front light is nice, it's no must for me, but I am not going to settle for a worse screen.

The screen, for me, is the most important feature, after that comes stability and usabilty of the software, then build quality. The ability to read EPUBs is also nice (even though I own a PW now, in terms of reading experience I actually prefer the non front-lit T2 screen).

Matt
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote