Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #67
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Yes, it's a brand new one. At least, it has all the appearances. New, sealed box, protective screen cover, etc.

However, I'm not liking the initial results. WiFi off, fully charged, it's dead in 4 days. I'm hoping it's a battery calibration thing, but I have my doubts. It currently has the same book on it that I read on my Sony with no issues whatsoever.

What I may resort to doing, is having my GF use her old Kobo WiFi. Then I will put the same book/books on both her Touch and Glo, charge them both, put them to sleep, and monitor the results.

I'm wondering if these battery issues are exclusive to sideloaded epubs?

I still don't believe battery issues are caused by a data file. I have read no plausible explanations as to how this is possible.

I also still believe you need to have the device power off, not just sleep, to get the long battery life we expect from an e-ink device.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote