Thread: Touch Cover image frustrations
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
scoobertron
Connoisseur
scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
Have changed the cover page of your book. No white margins available any more. You don't need to copy cover and library images to your kobo for this book. The kobo will generate all images without margins.
Thanks RG1. However, it wasn't just the one, so I will need to process my entire library. This is possible through Calibre, which is going to be quite time-consuming for all my books, and I am going to need to pick each cover by hand if I want to use my simple generated covers (for 3000+ books).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor
I can see way you thought that. But, the thing to remember that the Kobo devices don't use the image file in the epub, but the first page of the book. But an option to stretch this when generating the cover image would be very popular.
This gives me something I can work with if I don't want to go the Calibre route and want to script something myself. But I don't quite understand what is actually causing the margins to be added. This has happened with every epub, from various sources. Right now I am predominantly using epubs from feedbooks.com, whose formatting is generally very good. If the kobo is just reading the first page, then it would imply that feedbooks (and the other publishers) are setting up their first page to squeeze the cover image and add margins, which seems odd.

And yeah, I think the inode thing was a complete red herring. I don't quite know why I was thinking that.
scoobertron is offline   Reply With Quote