View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #26
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
They are also stored in a file. The file is under <Digital Editions\Annotations>. I only have one annotated book at the moment and it seems to be the same directory and file structure as the actual book. The file has the extenstion "annot" added.
Okay, I have found those, but I haven't been able to open them. Changing the file type to .zip results in a "malformed or corrupted" message, and, as I expected, .zip.annot just results in "file type not recognised".

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Calibre also has a "Fetch annotations" option on the device menu. This copies annotations for all books to the comments field of the database. It says it is experimental, but it works. Personally, I don't like it. I actually started an extension get this for the selected books to a window, but I've been distracted with something else lately.
Thanks for that. I have found it. It seems like a good way of backing up the annotations, but, as you say, not terribly useful otherwise.

Somewhere on the forums yesterday I found someone who had done a batch file for extracting the annotations to text, but I cannot remember where it was. I'm not ignoring murg's suggestions (thanks, mate), but I'm a bit wary about playing with the database yet . I need a clear day to have a fiddle with a copy (which I have just made).
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote