View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Last time you were in a bookstore?

There is a B&N on the first floor of the building in which I work. I was interested in looking for a book I had sampled on my kindle last night. I looked among best sellers - wasn't there. I looked among the genre - wasn't there. I looked up the author on my smartphone, and looked in current fiction - there was a big gap on the shelf, right where this book would have sat. I came back up to my office and opened up Amazon.

Like most on this forum, I am somewhat nostalgic for the old bookstore - searching for new treasures. But now, with Amazon's bestseller lists, and reviews, and google, and TV (apparently this book has been mentioned on several talk shows), I can find more than enough to read.

This is the first time I had been in a bookstore in 6 months, and it was very disappointing. All of the books on display, I either had read, or were paranormal romance. I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

I guess this is just another example of our lives moving online. It is hard to beat the immediate satisfaction you get online versus in person.

How about you? Does the bookstore experience live up to what you remember?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote