View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #321
aimango
aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabaino View Post
Thanks for replying and for your advice.

For the Linux part, in any case, pressing the buttons before the arrows appear doesn't make the slightest difference.

Regarding the W$ problem, let me remind that I'm using a *32bit SO*, and keep having the problem reported before:

"Reader [READER] not found

The system cannot execute the specified program.

Enter the letter of the Reader drive?"

Entering the letter (F in my case) doesn't work, and then I get:

"Script did not complete
Press any key to continue..."

In conclusion: at this moment maybe you won't be able to success in rooting the ereader with firmware 1.0.03.11140
I'm not sure if people are still having this problem, but I fixed it by changing the .bat file. From my scripting knowledge, you run things in cmd line using ./ instead of .\ , so i changed line 49 of the script to
if not exist ./sdcard goto :nocopy-sdcard instead of if not exist .\sdcard goto :nocopy-sdcard
and it worked perfectly.

My machine is Win7 64bit. The rooting failed when I tried the steps for a Mac (was super frustrating because I wasn't exactly sure if the device was rooted or not lol).

Oh, and I was rooting it on the latest firmware - 1.0.04 i believe.

On a side note - The unfortunate thing was that I still did a factory reset because I was just trying to get it to root.. lost the default pre-loaded pictures and piano music T__T Does anyone have those that they can share still? :P

Last edited by aimango; 02-12-2012 at 01:26 AM.
aimango is offline   Reply With Quote