View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I knew that was coming :)
Of course, Wikipedia (and I!) needs every help it can get! ;-)

Quote:
Seriously, the charts are fantastic. I'll perhaps give it a try though the list of "sister apps" will be extremely short.
Thanks. That the list might at least *start* small is not a problem, IMHO. Just getting started is good and helpful and either others might have ideas and knowledge on how to expand it or maybe other "sister apps" (nice term, btw :-) ) will pop up and can be added then.

Quote:
Question... in the "Book Source Management" chart what does "local books" indicate? (maybe I'm missing the obvious?)
Actually, that's an *excellent* question. I must admit I can't remember what I actually meant there. I *think* it was meant to refer to first transferring a book basically manually to an iOS device (e. g. email or scp'ing it there (in case of a jailbroken device)) but the values I put in there aren't consistent because, e. g. not all of those who are marked "yes" support email import and scp'ing is pretty much supported even by those who are marked "no".
So, duh...

Unless someone here (or on Wikipedia) can either mind-read me ;) or offer a consistent explanation, I'm going to simply remove that column in, let's say, 24 hours or so.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote