View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Fuzzy enough that these match:
Code:
Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen Series #8) by Steven Erikson
Toll the hounds by Steven Erikson

and

The Hobbit by J RR Tolkien
Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
I'll look at find_identical_books() in db2 and see if it matches enough tests. I know it can't be 100% accurate and it can't be too fuzzy.

I can easily run in a thread and have the result appear dynamically like covers and additional info does.
find_identical_books() is mine (from AutoMerge and Copy To Library), and predates kiwidude's Find Duplicates plugin by a lot. It won't match either of those. It will fail on the first due to the content of the parenthetical in the title. The case differences wouldn't be a problem. It will fail on the second due to the differences in the author name. Periods and other punctuation gets stripped from titles, but not author names. The "The" would get stripped for those who haven't Tweaked their indefinite articles to another language.

It looks like merging kiwidude's code is your best option to have those match.

As you do so, think about whether kiwidude's code could/should be combined with find_identical_books. Perhaps the user should get an option to control how aggressive the automated duplicate finding should be for AutoMerge, Copy To Library and Get Books?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote