View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Curious - from what you've said, it does indeed sound like a problem with the books themselves.

One suggestion: if you have a Windows PC, register the books for the PID of the Windows Mobipocket Reader and see if that shows the same behaviour. If it does, the problem probably does lie with the books; if they work OK on the Windows reader, it sound like an issue specific to the Gen3.
They work okay. It IS an issue specific to the Gen3. However, the "can't remember" issue disappeared as soon as I moved all 77 ebooks to the \eBooks folder on the SD card.

But I made a mistake and moved *ALL* the files in the Cybook's \eBooks folder, including the 'mobipocket' PARAM file, leaving the \eBooks folder on the Gen3 empty. Bad move! Until I figured out, with suggestions from others here, to move that file *BACK* to that folder, the Gen3 couldn't remember what font family or size I had chosen. Every time I closed an ebook down and then opened it or another, the Gen3 would default right back to Verdana, size 4.

Yes, I've told Bookeen.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote