Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #81
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'm going to more carefully keep track of this cycle. My Glo was in sleep mode for 24 hours after charging and stayed at 100%. After 4.5 hours of reading last night with the frontlighting on at the lowest setting it finally dropped to 99%... 5 hours total reading time so far, still at 99%. Concrete enough, so far, I hope. All this while reading a 2400+(4443 according to the Glo)page side loaded epub.

No offense, but I don't think hooking this puppy up to the scope and plotting current draw under various conditions would yield much even if it did screw up -so far it's performed like a champ, but I haven't run it all the way down. Unlike some here I'm actually using it as a reader, not just plotting battery curves, but I'm not having an issue. If I was having similar problems my approach would likely change.

The problem is that even with perfectly accurate observation, we're still going to be theorizing 'til everyone but a few of us is bored senseless. Let's not kid ourselves, the most we can do is bring attention to the issue, but so far it seems not to be an issue for many or we'd probably hear a lot more squawking. Maybe we just have a few isolated incidents? Hence, the batch of bad batteries supposition. Just like there seem to be a batch with loose batteries floating around, if you'll pardon the pun.

Based on VelvetElvis's observations there seemed to be an issue with particular epubs he had loaded, but I believe David or DNSB didn't see the same problem with the same epub. Mrs.Often is tweaking some things from standard, and is having a power issue. Related, unrelated, who knows?

Basically, there is such a tiny data set that any conclusions beyond educated guesswork will be unlikely to be proven, unless we find something widely duplicatable.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote