View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschiller View Post
Hi all

I live in Brazil, and I'd love to be able to use a Kindle. I am aware that wireless downloads directly to the device would not be possible, but would I be able to download books/magazines/newspapers/etc to my computer, and then transfer them to the Kindle?

Thanks for your input
Welcome dschiller,

I live in Singapore, and I bought my partner a Kindle2. As mentioned before, you need a US credit card AND a US mailing address for copyright reasons.

I have a friend who worked with me to get this to happen. You also need to create an Amazon Account using your US mailing address as the billing address, as well as a second Account with any address.

From your second account you buy Gift cards to send to your Kindle account to top up and buy books from Amazon. You MUST use either gift cards or a US credit card to buy Kindle books from Amazon, (another copyright thing.) See Harry's explianation below, NOT a copyright thing at all.....
It's been about oh, 4 mths + for me doing this with no problems.

A bit of hassle, but hey, can't have everything....

BTW, I have an EZ reader, but can't get stuff form Amazon

Last edited by Xiaopanda; 07-18-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote