View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #163
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh18 View Post
Hi,
First off, great thread! I was getting sick of seeing all the hacks and jail breaks that DID NOT work on the K4 , and were instead for the touch...

I've been trying to figure out a way to force disable the Kindle from showing up a USB Drive by default everytime someone connects it to the USB port.
This keeps my files inside safe, as I can always use scp over wifi or usbnet ssh.

Am looking for a script (?) or some other hack that lets me do this..

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks
Have you read the udev rules on your device?
They may be what is handling this "feature".

Just be aware that to change them would be changing the main filesystem - which could cause later firmware updates to fail (or worse).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote