View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #28
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
PDFRead 1.8.2 working on Mac OS X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The latest source code is up at the PDFRead Dev Hub here.

I will now add the source to post#1 for easy access for all.

The Windows GUI and Installer is NOT mac-friendly, but the source code is python which can be made to work on Mac OS X using the detailed installation instructions in the manual (index.html). For further information, read PDFRead on Mac OS X by sammykrupa

Otherwise, if you can run Windows emulation on your mac, then that would be the route to take (especially if creating .imp formats).
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovand View Post
FYI an .dmg installer for a libpng that works is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovand View Post
I would say yes, PDFRead 1.8.2 works on the Mac, once you make sure pngnq works. Other than that, I didn't have to do anything else (other than follow the mac instructions for previous versions). I haven't noticed the missing page problem myself, but I have only done a few small tests at the moment. If you have a pdf that fails consistently and you would like me to check it on the mac, then let me know.
Per the above, PDFRead 1.8.2 can be made to work on Mac OS X.

Thanks go out to sammykrupa and donovand for discovering this!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote