View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:31 AM   #15
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Oberon cover for 600

For what it's worth, I've had my Oberon cover for the Sony 600 on my Sony 650 for about 1 1/2 months now. IMO, it doesn't fit the 650 well enough. It could be made to fit perfectly with a couple of minor changes. The lower left hand strap could be altered to fit the 650 by trimming the plastic backing about 1/2" width-wise, (narrower) and re-aligning it to 'mirror' the lower, right hand strap. Simple.
I keep threatening to do it myself. I think the length of the lower left strap is sufficient to reach, it just requires trimming the backing and re-riveting the strap in the correct alignment. The way it is now is slowly driving me bananas. I wish I'd known this beforehand so I could ask Oberon to do it right the first time.
The existing 600 cover is sooooo close to being right. It wouldn't take anymore time or materials to make a proper cover for the 650 from the 600 layout.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote