View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I've seen the Kobo recommendations get much better as I buy more books. At first I was getting about 90% romance recommendations, but as I have bought nothing but scifi and fantasy the romance recommendations are down to about 10%.

I filled out Kobo's getting-to-know-you survey and entered romance as the one genre I never want to read, so hopefully that will get rid of them altogether.
I suspect I will be seeing many more romance recommendations as I rarely buy books from the Kobo site. Free books I tend to acquire from elsewhere -- elsewhere being defined any place where I can obtain the books without DRM. The majority of my books purchases are from Baen and other non-DRM loving publishers.

Guess I'll have to live with the unintended humour of many of their recommendations.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote