View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #1332
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I really think it isn't that cut and dried. I like some things about the new UI, but don't like some other things. I do like the removal of skeuomorphic silliness that makes some apps look very fisher price-ish.

However, some of the underlying changes they made I am happy about... allowing apps to run in the background is nice... now I don't have to ensure I open my podcast app before I go to bed or in the AM to ensure it will d/l new content.

I also like the Activation Lock... I hope it isn't defeated so people will stop stealing these phones... my niece had one stolen right out of her hands in New York City.

I also like the ability to open the notifications from the lock screen and the control center. Siri has certainly improved and can do more stuff now wrt to controlling the device. I read somewhere you will be able to specify which map app siri uses but I haven't seen how yet.

I was hoping for the ability to have an icon grid like andriod rather than the flow layout and also want widgets...although notification from lock screen helps that a bit because apps can put info there. Syncing notifications across devices is nice too... (even though it doesn't affect me yet, however I might get an iPad and it will).

Oh an auto app updates... it's about time.

So, I think iOS 7 was well worth the $0 I paid for it.

BOb
Quite frankly, I didn't check out a single feature.
I probably wouldn't recognise the difference anyway, as I'm not using my iPad mini for months now and my iPhone4S only for phone calls.
I only saw the interface and was weirded out.
I even found the keyboard somewhat bright and irritating. Probably this can be changed in some settings, but at first glance to me it simply seemed not business-like but very playful and somewhat cheesy...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote