View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The major advantage of a Wiki page over a forum thread is that everybody can improve it, anytime, without you having to keep track of it. For a working example, check out the Kindle Touch Hacking Wiki page.

It may take off slowly, but if there is enough interesting/useful content, people will contribute and gradually make it more and more valuable.

PS: I just tried to find my post where I originally proposed to introduce a Wiki for Kindle Touch-related hacking. It was only half a year ago, and yet no search engine (neither mobileread's own, nor Google, nor anything else) would turn up anything. But that just proves my point, which led me to initiate that other Wiki page: there is a lot of information in forum posts, but it tends to get buried quickly. Let's extract and refine the important parts of that information, and let it flow into the more "durable" Wiki pages.
That is why I set up the master index and "prefix index" wiki pages. It took a lot of work on my part to get enough information into them (and a lot of begging others to contribute) before others began contributing to them. It seems that something like this needs the original author to provide a lot of content before others think it is valuable enough to support. This document looks like a great start, but it needs the attention of others who have kindlet development experience to become what it should be. Team efforts provide valuable content that may be outside the experience of the originator or the document.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote