View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #74
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I am happy with the new monthly categories and the polling distribution (hidden vs. open) is fine as well. It seems that if the latter is to be accepted for 2012 that would leave the two tier voting off the table until 2013? There is also the issue of book nominations remotely matching the category for the month and/or how many times a year the same book may be nominated?

"year long Moratorium on changes" Yes, and set in concrete so that anyone who brings these issues up during 2012, well everyone can be sure that he/or she is just talking to themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Yes to year-long moratorium on changes. I don't think we should enact any more changes until 2013. Although we may be voting on any changes later in the year, no changes will take effect until January 1, 2013.
As I stated earlier, I also agree on the year-long moratorium.

Hamlet, I understand what your saying about leaving two tier voting until 2013, but I do not know if Sun Surfer was proposing the two tier voting regardless of the "open" vs "hidden" issue. She would have to make that decision, unless Tom wants it tabled. I don't mind either way, I just want everyone to be able to get their concerns out now, while we have still have 4 or 5 weeks left for discussions.

As to book nominations *shrug*. I think things got silly with that, and people in general were being snarky. I honestly believe that if a book is nominated "inappropriately" it will be ignored by the majority; as stated in my Storm Front in February/Romance example.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote