View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #102
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
.....GAZE not on Beauty too much, lest it blast thee; nor too long lest it blind thee; nor too near, lest it burnne thee; if thou like it, it deceives thee; if thou love it, it disturbes thee; if thou lust after it, it destroyes thee; if virtue accompany it, it is the Heart’s Paradise; if Vice associate it, it is the Soule’s Purgatory: it is the Wiseman’s Bonefire, and the Foole’s Furnace.
..........— Francis Quarles (1592-1644), English poet. Enchyridion (1641), Book III: The Third Century, Chapter IX.

So that explains why I can't see for looking - I'm blinded by all that is around me ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote