View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #116
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallOfSound View Post
Not tried it on an tablet, when I have enough money I'll get an ipad anyway because they look amazing for casual computing but I'm not expecting it to replace an e-ink reader.
Yeah I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on reading on it if you pick one up.

I like reading on my girlfriend's iPad way more than I thought. Get the brightness at the right level and it didn't really bother my eyes. I've not read for more than an hour on it. But for me I seldom read longer than that in a stretch, so it could probably replace my Kindle.

But could be an issue for people who regularly read for hours on end--which is a lot of people here. So for you all it probably couldn't replace e-ink for both the eye strain possibilities and the battery life etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote