View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
I was rather hoping they were talking about Mirasol or Pixel Qi type of screens - Transflective LCD is good, but nowhere near these two in terms of outdoor readibility and power consumption (IHO - from what I've read on the Internets (which by definition must be true )).
hehehehe...ME TOO...but these days I could see them spinning old tech up rather than new tech, though $30M is no small investment for a division of a company like PVI. It could just be an issue of an improved more energy efficent CPU's/GPU's, display controllers, drivers and whatever else is needed to increase effiency.

Mirasol looks amazing and along with PixelQi they offer huge potential save significant power use...no real color in daylight viewing mode compared to color in the transflective stuff. Even my Clie's display shows enough color to improve reading and make using it a lot easier. But one thing I will say about the K1 I just cannot stand is the performance in brigh sun is supurb, and it's only the K1. It will be interesting when I finally endup with the Pocketbook 360 or even the 302 if it is "cool" enough... But you never know what this CES will turn up...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote