Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #274
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
Books: EPUB, PDF and MOBI
Text: TXT, HTML, XHTML, and RTF
Comic Books: CBZ and CBR

So MOBIs are officially supported, and they do work sometimes. But they've usually given me headaches on my Glo and my old Touch...
By the way, ironflute, I do think this is disingenuous on Kobo's part, even borderline deceptive. I'm pretty sure they know their MOBI rendering engine is flaky at best. One of the reasons I bought my Touch oh so long ago was that I could apparently dump almost any file format onto it and just read it, according to the ads. So if you feel cheated, I feel your pain.

But converting MOBIs to EPUBs is extremely easy with calibre, and Kobo's support for EPUBs is of course very good.

I recommend opening your Kobo's disk on your PC, sorting your ebooks by filetype, and mercilessly deleting any "forbidden" files.

Don't throw away your nice new Glo yet!
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote