View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruschme View Post
What's strange to me is that the Fire is the only device which works this way. I don't know about the K4, KT or KPW, but on the apps and older Kindles, user documents are handled as books and show up in a single unified archive.
The KF has always separated the two. I don't mind it at all. When the KF first came out it didn't even have access to the Personal Document cloud. I was so happy when we got that feature of course that introduced the cover bug we now have though but to be able sync and have books in the cloud was nice. I prefer it this way otherwise all pdocs would be mixed in a huge Archive and I couldn't find anything.

It easy to get control where the books go. Just change the tag from pdoc to ebok using Mobi Metadata Editor or Calibre.

I only have a handful of books sideloaded on the Kindle Fire they all show up as Books and everything else in the documents area.
Anything emailed to the KF will be a pdoc. Anything sideloaded if done right will show up as books.

The new KF has a new feature where you can upload books in the documents folder on Amazon Cloud drive and they show up that way too.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-01-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote