View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Chiming in with my support. I think MR is a fantastic community, but the books overall seem to tend toward fantasy/sf, which was never my cuppa. On the recommendation of a friend, I've recently started reading fantasy literature and while it keeps me turning the pages, it doesn't nourish my soul--not presuming to speak for anyone else's soul. I'll add that I'm currently in the middle of Jacob de Zoet. We may need a thread for that.

Two logistical questions: does non-fiction qualify? I'm assuming yes. More of my recent great reads have been in that category. A tougher one: what about DTBs? Too many books fall into that chasm between current lit and public domain.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote