View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Wow, how could I have known that Ken is 'the guy' hereabouts ?
My making choices of how to proceed translates to 'done', Aye ?
Well, if you say so...but I wonder what has happened to the guys here who used to post about using AndLinux to access the guts of their ereaders to make 'em better ?

In my experiences (not just of tech stuff, but in life) there are mostly 2 types of guys when it comes to approaches to problem-solving...my example:

There's the windows kinda guys - who, when faced with a virus-infested PC just sigh, format the disk(s) and re-install EVERYTHING...over and over and over.

Then there's the Linux kinda guys, who really can ignore malware most of the time, but find they need to fix other things instead, so they have a look, and say: 'Well, if I tweak the code a bit and re-compile the kernel that should fix it in one shot.'

My point-> I, personally, have a sore spot when it comes to doing ANY work over and over and over again for ANY reason.
Whenever ANYONE counsels me in that direction I am immediately inclined to refuse.
This stubborn inclination has served me exceedingly well in my occupation because it has inspired me to find DIFFERENT solutions which work better.

But, I guess that sort of philosophy is too non-conformist for this forum, therefore I suspect, as has been said in opinion of me in this exact matter...I am 'done'.
(Perhaps I should offer the nutty JB for sale instead ?!)

PS: I don't think I'd presume to insult Einstein's stature, even if he wasn't perfect, 'cuz I shure ain't !!!
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote