View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:11 AM   #1
Rowen
Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
The Chaos Chronicles - Jeffery A. Carver

I stumbled across this set of books completely by accident while browsing different writing sites. Jeffery Carver was someone I just hadn't heard of and here I was, reading a excellent series of writing tutorials by him! (you can view them here if interest: http://www.writesf.com/ )

With a lot of browsing I wandered to his actual website. It was there I found The Chaos Chronicles. The first three of his books are in many different ereader formats and on my ipod and Nook they look fantastic. The last one is only available in PDF, however.

So let me get to the meat and potatoes of this story. Wanting to broaden my reading I decided to give his novels a try. The first one hooked me! I couldn't wait to read the second, which promptly drug me into the third. I have just now started to read the forth book. There fantastic!

Now, your probably wondering just what genre. Well, good old Science Fiction. The first book takes place on Triton, One of Neptunes moons (hence the name of the First book: Neptunes Crossing). Our protagionist is John Bandicut a pilot from Earth on his way to Triton for a good paying job doing what he does best. Things however never work as smoothly as we plan and John ends up being the one person to meet an alien presence. It is now up to John to find a way to save humanity in the face of Chaos. The books description said it best: He has to break all the rules, and sacrifice everything he holds dear, to prevent a cataclysm that would destroy humanity.

If your a Sci Fi fan, love compelling characters and a good story. Then grab a copy of these books and see for yourself. I would love to hear everyones opinion and I hope I introduced some memorable books to all of you.

The Chaos Chronicles can be found at the authors website for free download: http://www.starrigger.net/Downloads.htm

Happy Reading
Rowen
Rowen is offline   Reply With Quote