View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 AM   #5
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
since they use the external controlbar, they might have to update it, to get information to the bar, or does xpdf remote give you information about the read page, zoom level etc?
Yes, I think they have reasoned in this direction. On the other hand if you block the direct user operation in the pdf (as now it is, blocked) you have the control so you can know what page you are in -if you know how many pages the book has-.

Quote:
And if they want to give us the ability to add notes, they have to modify xpdf, wont they?
Not really, they could just overlay the notes application as a kind of trasparent window. Of course the overlay, if permanently enabled, would block any clicking in the pdf, thus breaking compliance with the standard (not only /launch, but any other /link click going for instance from the table of contents to the chapters, or to the references and back, would fail).

I think there is a part of the pdf standard about notes. I will check.

Last edited by arivero; 07-21-2006 at 05:48 AM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote