View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Guys, wish you all nothing but the best on this but the thought just crossed my mind. I am not a hardcore techie like you seem to be, but a corporate tech manager for ages so...

Having seen the video I can't help but wonder - if something like this was/appears to be [relatively speaking] "easy" to do by people without access to actual Amazon code and Kindle core HW components, it begs the question:

How come Amazon [and other eink devices makers] haven't already done it?

Surely the flashing during page changes could not possibly be considered a feature of the tech.

I only ask because the more I think about it, the more I wonder about what, if any, long-term, potentially detrimental effects this kinda non-flashing hack might have on the Kindle screens themselves?

Perhaps a stupid question as I am not hardcore techie and apologies if my concern/question is totally ignorant of the HW facts/specs involved, but any thoughts?

@khmann, totally not tying to rain on your parade here. I think this is awesome. Hope you understand where I am coming from.

-les

Last edited by lestatar; 07-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote