View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #35
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Who is PP? He also has huge existential problems. How critical he is to the novel? To him are dedicated the best pages. Is he human or is he arcane? Is he real or he exists only in the manuscript and in the tale of the Professor? The doubt comes as he is is still around when the black horses bring the brigade to the end. Does Margherita give him the much desired end? Finally, after two thousand years of existential anguish. Will he be with the much desired philosopher or in the darkness?
To me, Pontius Pilatus is the primary character, and the novel is about the redemption of him and the forgiveness of his sin of cowardice by God/Yeshua. As far as I remember the ending, I got the impression that he is saved. His punishment was 2000 years of anguish, which is over when the Master calls out (and finishes his story).

Makes me think... We have two pairs, the Margarita/Master and Woland/Yeshua - active agents of change/passive and letting themselves be changed.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote