View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
This obviously won't turn a Surface into a Core i7 desktop. But it could still be very useful. The Surface RT may not be the latest and greatest but the quad-core 1.4 Tegra 3 CPU is no slouch either. It should be perfectly capable of running all sorts of legacy apps.
So very, very many variables here. I'm sure it will be possible but you might need to devote your entire RT to it to make it practical and if you do that then what's the point of buying an RT?

I'm sure there will be some people who have an 'essential' legacy app that won't be ported but I suspect those will be dead, like the legacy apps that aren't being ported to Windows 7.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote