View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #28
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Some day I might actually read the series now that it is finally complete.

From watching forums I can tell you:
A scanned copy was up day of release, one with ToC / chapters the next day, and a near retail copy was released by Saturday.
I think it's incredibly sad that someone wastes their own time to scan and put a copy up--they gain nothing from it personally (they aren't selling it) and they only hurt the author/publisher. It's like someone keying an expensive car. They gain zero, but cause damage. That's an attitude I just don't get. And in the case of scanning, someone has to waste 2 or so hours of their life (maybe more if they proof it well). I wonder if somewhere there is an actual exchange of money--or torrent site that pays people to do it so they can have the illegal copies. Having done some formatting/scanning as a business, it boggles my mind someone would spend all that time for zero personal gain.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote