View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I don't own any Super AMOLED devices - but I did compare my Droid's IPS to a friend's HTC Incredible with the Super AMOLED, and the text was noticeably crisper on the Droid.

Now if someone would actually make a Super AMOLED without that damned Pentile I'd be all over it - but I have enough trouble dealing with the focusing limitations of my own eyes to want to deal with anything that reduces DPI.
The Dinc never had Super AMOLED. The first models in June had AMOLED, but due to supply issues they switched over to Sony's Super LCD. I don't know what model your friend had, but there is a difference between AMOLED, Super AMLOLED and Super LCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
One thing to mention, too is that the Galaxy S does have a 233 PPI screen as opposed to the 169 PP screen on the Nook Color.
Okay I didn't know the specs, that does make a difference and would explain why the Sasmung Screen does not pixilate as much.

That said the nook is still has a great screen and when I hold the screen off to a distance during the day the pixels are not so visible. It's really only at night when the device is close to my eyes.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote