View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I have Motorola cell phone more than 3 years and it has replacable battery but I never replaced it. What is the reason to replace battery if it works fine for 3-4 years? After 3-4 years people can replace cell phone or eBook reader if something wrong with battery. I don't think that replacable battery is very important feature for eBook readers.
A phone is usually replaced much more often than every three or four years.

I think replaceable batteries ARE very important features for ebook readers for the following reason.

When you return your unit to Amazon, to get the battery replaced, you do NOT get your original unit back. You get another unit, whether you send it to Amazon, or to one of those insurance places. I've called both to verify this.

Unless you have all your books backed up, you will lose them.

How many people (not from here, of course!) have the sense to strip the drm and back their books up?

I don't want 'another unit'. I plan to keep my Kindle until it literally wears out.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote