View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i thought that self-publishing on Amazon, in Kindle format, was v cheap & simple, and that Amazon add their DRM for you. In fact, though I could well be wrong, I think Amazon just take a royalty - there is no up-front cost.

so you may be better advised to convert your finished product to .mobi ( use Calibre) & take it there
cybmole:

Yes, that's right. All the majors (Amazon, B&N, iBooks & Kobo) allow the publisher to add DRM, optionally. It's not merely cheap, it's free, if we're simply discussing the publishing/uploading process. Amazon's DRM mechanism is proprietary, so unlike Adobe's option, there isn't a private-sector or independent MOBI DRM scheme, of which I'm aware. (Unless the mobiunpackers here are planning to create a repack w/DRM, but, somehow, I just don't see that happening! ;-)

My comprehension of the OP's original post was about DRM in general, for ePUBs, so...it was to that, that I responded. I actually get this question 2-3x a week, about selling from a website of their own, so I made an assumption. I could have jumped the gun. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote