View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
That seems like a very low number to me. I've seen other Publishers report 10 to 12% and growing. Then again, Hatchette seems to set very high eBook prices in my experience.
That 5% seems to represent total sales of everything. There is a 9% figure quoted that seems to represent the the ebook share of book sales alone, and the CEO is quoted as saying that ebook sales have been tripling each year - 1% in 2008 to 9% this year. That seems to fit right in with the 10% to 12%.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote