View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #71
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Not sure what format you are going for here HTML, Epub, or one of the
Kindle formats.

I have used calibre to turn personal text files into epub ebooks with covers
I created in Gimp2. The Metadata editor in calibre allows you to add your
own cover as well.

Luck;
Ken
Using Kindlegen/Kindle Previewer to convert EPUB to Mobi/KF8. Viewing the resulting book on Kindle for PC shows a cover thumbnail in the list of books and the cover is in the book (and Go To Cover works in Kindle Previewer), but when I sent the content using personal documents, it shows up on Manage Your Kindle with a generic/black cover and on my Kindle Touch it shows up with a generic cover with the title printed on a "Personal Document" cover. I suspect if I sideloaded the book using USB. I'd see the actual cover as well, but haven't tried that. I just wanted to ask someone who had more experience with Personal Documents that I do. I didn't mean to hijack the conversation.

Edit: On my Kindle for Android app, I also saw a generic cover, but as soon as I downloaded it, the real cover thumbnail showed up.

Last edited by hwlester; 05-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote