View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Whoa! Look at the path

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Calibre Library.

I suggest there is something amiss with the Windows installation. AFAIK Calibre doesn't put anything in the Windows directory or any of its sub-directories.

On my two Windows 7 Pro systems the only things I have in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\ are Windows related. They are busy systems in terms of installed software, but there is no trace of anything other than Windows data in that location on either system. And I do mean Windows, there's nothing even from MS Office, Visual Studio, Expression, SQL Server etc, let alone any 3rd Part apps - not even Apple or Google And in case anyone is wondering I did show hidden and system items when I took a look there.

@momtodogs- if the file system check as suggested by Chaley doesn't resolve the problem, then have a look at what's in the C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\ folder. Let us know if there is there a folder or file named "Calibre Library" or similar - if its a folder then let us know what's in it.

FWIW - I gave up on Windows Backup/Restore because of errors of the sort you're having - including Restore errors, I now use Macrium Reflect.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote