View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Triton takes a high resolution gray scale panel and overlays a color panel that needs multiple pixels to generate the color (4096 colors)

So the Jetbook color is a 9.7" screen with a non-color resolution of 1600x1200 but because of the Triton color layer, the effective resolution is actually 800x600 and to be honest, from what I have seen in photos and videos, it doesn't look all that good at such a large screen size.

Personally, I'd prefer a 9.7" screen with a resolution of 1600x1200 without the color layer. That would look so much nicer.
But one other use pops up in my mind. The video show a monocrome copy of the Mona Lisa. I'd like a 16x20" (35x50 cm) wall hangable display, like a picture in a frame. Only one that take very little power and can have it's contents changed on a moment's notice. (Today I want Picasso, tomorrow I want Maxfield Parrish, the next day a photo of Hawaii, ect...) In color, of course...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote