Thread: Footnotes
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
You could also consider moving footnotes inline,
Could you explain a little more, please?

Maybe some CSS if appropriate.

Quote:
We torture ourselves too much in attempts to copy printed layout rather than designing efficient ebooks.
Agreed.

Everything I do with Sigil and Calibre (both GREAT programs) is pretty much just for myself and family to make (very) poorly converted PD books into something readable on the Kindles.

The 'back and forth' linking for footnotes is tedious, and sometimes I'm not careful enough

If by 'inline' you mean click it and it expands (displays) in location and then click it and it 'shrinks' that's be a lot easier that manually doing all the footnotes manually

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote