View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #289
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
I received mine. Initial impression is I don't love it. Bummer, because I was sure I'd be fine with it, as I'm not incredibly picky about e-readers. For me, it's not so much that I can see the 4 lights at the bottom as there's bad ghosting, some splotchiness, and for some reason the lighted screen isn't as comfortable to read as my K4NT.

With the light off it looks too dark and dingy to read, but the dimmer settings are straining for me. I will offer the caveat that I wear contacts and my eyesight is terrible. YMMV.

It's also much heavier than my K4NT. That's a small thing, but it's tilting in favor of returning this and getting one of the $69 K4NT and a lighted cover. I'll probably give it a day or so and a few more hours of reading.

The cover is nice, though. And the black body is nicer, in my opinion.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote