View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by infoquake123 View Post
All applications hang when converting more than 1 book at a time. I have a library with about 15k books. I have no problems when i convert an e-book individually but if i try to convert 20 books or so, all applications including calibre and internet explorer hang. After 2hours , everything returns to normal and the applications no longer hang. If i try to convert 100 or more books, all applications including calibre hang and after 5-6 hours, a message pops up that calibre is no longer working and that i should shut it off. Typically any conversion that is more than 50 books will cause all applications to hang immediately and many hours later eventually a message will pop up saying that calibre is not working. I'm a newbie and not sure what information to provide. Pls let me know I'm tried switching off my antivirus but that does not help. I have no idea what to do. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me. I'm using a 32 bit system with windows 7 home by the way.
That's not a 'Hang"
That's your system gasping for spare CPU cycles
Conversions are intensive use of CPU and I/O

Win 7 on a 32 bit machine . IMHO That puppy needs to be maxed-out in RAM. Tame your Anti-virus to Ignore Calibre program Directory AND your Library folder (Note that The A/V normally scans your book before it is imported and the downloaded Calibre program before it is installed. Moving the book into a Library/converting needs no further scans.)

In Calibre; Preferences; Behavior; Set Job priority to LOW, that will let other processes function a bit.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote