View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I believe most of Ernest Hemingway's books were published more than 70 years ago, so the copyrights should have expired and they should be available for free download, at least in the US.

But I searched Project Gutenberg and ManyBooks and some other places and came up dry. And most bookstore sites are still selling them for a not-too-cheap price.

When I googled I found several sites that had them for free, but they also had some recent hot releases for free, so assume they are disreputable.

So why hasn't Hemingway's copyright expired?
Why would it have done? Hemmingway only died in 1961, so his works will enter the public domain in life+70 countries on 1st Jan 2032.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote